Heroin is a drug that easily causes addiction. It can “get under the addicts’ skin” and push them more and more into the vicious circle of the drug until they are led to total destruction.
Heroin addiction is one of the hardest to treat, and self-healing is virtually impossible. Special hospital for treating addiction Dr Vorobjev is here to help you get rid of this devastating addiction.
Effects of heroin
Heroin exerts multiple negative effects on the entire body of the user. The only important thing in the life of addicts is finding a new dose of heroin. They lose the ability to concentrate, but craving for the substance is very intense, and addicts try to satisfy the hunger for drugs in all possible ways.
Drug use causes brain damage, poor memory, and seizures. It is terrible stress for the family to watch their member going through such situations, but you need to know that with expert help, things can always get better.
Treatment seems unimaginable to the addicts, and it is, therefore, crucial that the family be the one who proposes the treatment and initiates the whole process.
Drugs destroy both the family and the addict
It is very terrible to face learning that someone close to us is on heroin. Often people blame themselves for someone else’s situation wondering where they went wrong. This is an entirely understandable and common reaction, but the only culprit is the drug and its prevalence all around us.
It should be kept in mind that many of the addict’s actions are not a reflection of his personality, but only the change caused by heroin, and it is well known that drugs cause dramatic changes to the brain.
14-day treatment of heroin addiction in hospital for treating addiction Dr Vorobjev
YOUR BODY WILL BE CLEANED FROM HEROINE WHILE YOU ARE ASLEEP!
Diagnostics – This is the first and significant phase of treatment. This phase aims to evaluate the addiction stage, the level of physical and mental health of the patient, the presence of effects of drug use, the degree of motivation, self-criticality, the preservation of voluntary mechanisms. A treatment plan is made based on diagnostic results. The length of treatment, the choice of detoxification, psycho-correction, blockade, rehabilitation methods – all depend on the diagnostic results.
The standard diagnostic examination includes:
- tests for hepatitis B and C, HIV infection
- general blood analysis
- biochemical blood tests (assessment of liver, kidney, pancreas function)
- Internist examination
In case severe deviations in the tests, the presence of risk factors, accompanying chronic illnesses are detected, a specialist is involved in determining additional tests and prescribing the therapy for the accompanying disease. MRT, EEG, ultrasound, X-ray, endoscopy, medicine, and drug concentration analysis, cardiologist, neurologist, endocrinologist, infectologist examination are available at our clinic or in agreement with our partner clinics and laboratories.
Detoxification – The general anesthesia in which the patient is during detoxification helps to make it quick and painless. All symptoms of crisis will be reduced by 90% or completely disappear once the first therapy is done. During sleep, the patient’s body will absorb vitamins, amino acids, minerals and other vital nutrients by infusion, so they will wake up without symptoms of withdrawal such as pain, nervousness, trembling, tremor, nausea. What is most important, they will leave the worst part behind them.
- UROD – Ultra-rapid detoxification, an extremely effective and modern method that quickly cleans the body and at the same time reduces the unpleasant symptoms of the crisis. It is applied exclusively when there are no contraindications for use, which is determined after diagnostics. During ultra-rapid detoxification, the patient is under anesthesia for 6-8 hours during the day, receiving opiate antagonists that help the receptors get rid of opiates. Usually, naloxone or naltrexone is administered. The point of ultra-rapid detoxification is overcoming unpleasant symptoms while asleep as no pain is felt at the time, and upon waking up the most of the crisis has passed, or it is at least significantly reduced. 2 or 3 such procedures are required in the detoxification process.
- N.Е.Т. – Neuro-jet therapy is one of the methods used to influence nerve cells in the brain responsible for the secretion of endorphin via special impulses. Our neurons produce natural opioids that naturally protect us against stress, pain, and shock. In addicts, this process is disturbed, and Neuro jet is a small electronic device that regulates the production of dopamine and endorphin. The stimulation itself is painless, and the only sensations are tickling and vibrations, while the frequency and intensity of impulses are computer-controlled.
- Pharmacotherapy is a form of detoxification which relieves symptoms of crisis and provides protection against pain. Psychostabilizers, hypnotics, and antidepressants are used to treat irritability, dysphoria, mood disorders, nervousness, and insomnia. Since nutrition is often disturbed in addicts, ferments are provided which encourage the assimilation of food, amino acids, and vitamins.
- Transair therapy is a special procedure that causes brain hemisphere functioning harmonization. It leads to reduced mental tension in the addicts, eliminates nervousness, problems with depression, normalizes sleep, mood, regulates appetite, and removes the desire for drugs.
Treatment of psychological addiction – it is necessary to eliminate the desire for drugs at the subconscious level, so information therapy is applied for these purposes. The patient in the state of medical sleep spends for a couple of hours during which he is exposed to audio-visual stimulation using a computer and special headphones and glasses through which high-frequency signals are transmitted. In the consciousness, we encounter a mental blockade in the form of thoughts “I am not an addict; I neither need this nor does this help me,” and using this method, information in the form of short striking images works on the subconscious level and improves the value and quality of perception. The final result is the indifference and the formation of a negative attitude towards drugs.
- Individual therapy is the individual work of a therapist with a patient during which the patient is provided with psychological help and support. The therapy helps with various life problems, depression, posttraumatic stress disorder, addictive behavior, personality disorders, psychological trauma, emotional discomfort, and suffering.
- Family psychotherapy is a type of therapy in which a therapist works with the whole family or its selected members. The family is a unique social system that has its own specific rules for functioning. Family therapy is a way of psychological counseling that focuses on solving problems in family relationships, eliminating conflicts between partners, and achieving harmonious functioning. Addiction is a disease of the entire family, not just an individual, so the clinic puts emphasis on working with the family – associates in treatment
Physiotherapy – It is a combination of physical, medical therapy, and deep tissue massage. The massage calms and relaxes the body and stimulates the production of dopamine in the addict, the levels of which are lowered due to drug use.
Pharmacological blockade – the treatment process is rounded off with a pharmacological blockade that is given as an implant, usually Naltrexone. Under the influence of Naltrexone, opiate receptors of addicts are blocked, and drug use does not achieve euphoria or similar experiences, so there is no return to drugs. Naltrexone therapy is practiced in people who have undergone opiate detoxification. We advise our patients to be protected by implants at least 12 months after leaving the hospital. The price of this treatment includes a two-month Naltrexone implant or two depot injections in two months.
Outpatient treatment helps to maintain the treatment results and is performed within the following year. On monthly follow-ups, the patient’s condition is checked and, if necessary, the therapy is adjusted. 12-month outpatient treatment is included in the treatment price.
If needed, we also offer transport of patients from the airport or the station to the hospital and back. We help foreign patients receive a visa if they need it, and if they have company, they too can stay in the hospital.
Our professional staff is available to patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our doctors are certified anesthesiologists, psychiatrists, and psychologists with 10 to 25 years of experience. Your safety and security is our priority, the facility is under video surveillance, and the hired security guard takes care of about.