Treating addiction with Ibogaine
Ibogaine therapy is crucial for treating psychological addiction. Ibogaine acts on receptors on two main neurotransmitters, serotonin, and dopamine.
These two receptors are responsible for the feeling of happiness and self-confidence, which is why Ibogaine has proved to be very effective in treating addictive disorders.
What is Ibogaine?
Ibogaine is a natural substance found in several plant species, especially in those of Apocynaceae family and is also known as “Iboga” (Tabernanthe iboga).
Studies have shown that Ibogaine has exceptional potential in treating psychological addiction, and is particularly important as it helps to reduce the desire for opiates.
The properties of Ibogaine
Ibogaine helps getting rid of psychological addiction thanks to its transient metabolite Noribogaine. It increases the level of dopamine and serotonin, thus creating a sense of well-being while at the same time reducing the desire for drugs.
At Dr Vorobjev clinic, Ibogaine is used as one of the most essential individual procedures for treating psychological addiction but can also be combined with other reliable treatments that eliminate the desire for drugs.
Before each treatment, diagnosis and assessment of the physical and psychological condition of the patient are made. This allows creating the best treatment plan, tailored to each patient individually. Thanks to Ibogaine therapy, the treatment process is far more successful, and treatment results are exceptional.
Namely, Ibogaine is a natural hallucinogen that changes the addict’s perception. It reaches its full effect 45 minutes after administration and the active treatment lasts 6 hours, after which the patient is under 24-hour supervision of doctors and nurses on duty.
Ibogaine therapy is an essential part of the procedure at our clinic, as it increases the patient’s awareness of the consequences of addiction, and therefore facilitates the process of recovery and rehabilitation.
How does Ibogaine work?
Addiction is both mental and physical illness. Detoxification solves only the physical part of the problem, and the mental part is most effectively resolved using Ibogaine therapy. Relapse occurs most often due to psychological addiction, so the Ibogaine procedure is therefore crucial.
For the patient to receive Ibogaine therapy, his or her body needs to be previously detoxified, that is, traces of opiates must be removed entirely from the patient’s body.
Ibogaine completely restarts the brain of addicts. Long-term use of the drug disrupts normal brain chemistry while Ibogaine manages to make patients “revive” suppressed and forgotten emotions and reaches the subconscious of the addict, helping him to see his life from another perspective. In this way, addicts can cope with suppressed traumas, which were possibly the “triggers” of addiction.
Ibogaine binds to chemical receptors in the brain and normalizes their activity. Thus, the chemical balance returns to its natural level, and the neurotransmitter functions, disturbed by the use of drugs, are regenerated. This type of recovery takes a more extended period without the use of Ibogaine, but thanks to it, the effect is achieved in a shorter period.
Benefits from treating psychological addiction with Ibogaine
Given it is natural substance, Ibogaine changes the state of self-awareness. During the addiction treatment procedure with Ibogaine, patients talk to a psychologist and experience a true understanding of their lives and change the perspective and way they understand themselves. They are able to realize all the negative aspects of the drug.
Ibogaine’s greatest advantage is that it helps to resolve the psychological symptoms of addiction, reduces the desire for drugs, and greatly affects success in recovery. That is precisely why Ibogaine treatment is essential for complete treatment of psychological addiction.
Phases of treatment with Ibogaine
Before the Ibogaine treatment, it is necessary to make preparations so that its effect on the body is complete. It is important to note that Ibogaine can be used only and exclusively in the presence and under constant supervision of a physician.
- Diagnostics – the initial and significant phase of treatment during which the physical and psychological state of the patient is assessed. The standard diagnostic examination for physical condition assessment includes urine test, tests for hepatitis B and C, HIV infection, general blood analysis, biochemical blood testing, ECG, and an internist examination. The standard diagnostic examination for assessing the psychological condition involves psychodiagnostics (psychological tests are used to determine the level of addiction, the consequences of the use of substances on mental health, to detect the signs of psychological disorders, the presence of depression, the degree of motivation for healing, self-criticality and the preservation of voluntary mechanisms).
- Treatment plan – having made the diagnosis, the team of doctors examines the findings and develops treatment strategy and plan. If there are risk factors or some chronic illness, additional tests are carried out, and therapy is prescribed. It is possible to do MRT, EEG, ultrasound, X-ray, endoscopy, medicine, and drug concentration analysis, cardiac examination, neurological examination, endocrinological examination …
- Preparation of the patient – one day before the session, information on the patient and his life as well as on his overall health condition is collected through special psychological tests. Based on the results, the doctor prescribes the exact dose of Ibogaine.
- Ibogaine therapy – the experience of our patients confirms that the effect of Ibogaine is their most intense experience in life. It is important to note that at our clinic, we use only natural Ibogaine, pure hydrochloride. During treatment with Ibogaine, the doctor continually keeps track of the development of the situation and controls the conditions, and the patient is monitored for the pulse, oxygen level in the body, and the cardiac work. At dr Vorobjev clinic, no one has ever experienced any harmful effects after Ibogaine therapy. It is therefore vital that treatment is always carried out in hospital conditions and under the constant supervision of a specialist. An important aspect of Ibogaine therapy is that patients are able to see their problem completely objectively and realistically. The procedure lasts for about six hours and is divided into three parts. A person can see his life and perceive it fully for the first time, passing through the most diverse emotional states. In some situations, they feel guilty conscience for hurting dear people, and often they experience fears of the illness the drug can cause, at some point even visualizing their death. This is the turning point followed by the third phase when our experts, doctors, and psychologists help the patient to leave the drugs behind forever. One starts to see the difference between good and bad; life becomes precious and filled with the true values worth fighting for. We help people understand that they can start over and begin a normal and healthy life.
- Stabilization – the last step is treatment results evaluation and stabilization. The mental and physical condition of the patient has stabilized, preparations are made for discharge, and the family and patient are given advice and instructions. Our team of experts gives the family and the patient therapeutic advice for better functioning in the 12-month rehabilitation period.
- Outpatient treatment – It is important to keep in touch with doctors for the next 12 months so that they can monitor the situation and possibly help in difficult times. Sometimes it is necessary to change the therapy, and it is always the goal to maintain a stable withdrawal. Regular monthly follow-ups, in the next 12 months, are critical to preserving and maintaining the results achieved by treatment at our clinic.
Contact should be maintained between the patient, doctor, and psychologist for at least a year by phone, Skype, email, or in person. This time is considered enough time for the patient to adapt to the outside environment, to regenerate the body and the mind, and to regain self-confidence. We also offer our patients transport from the airport or the station to the clinic, as well as the return after the treatment.
Treatment at Dr Vorobjev clinic
At our Dr Vorobjev clinic, professional staff is always at your disposal 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Doctors are certified anesthesiologists, psychiatrists, and psychologists with many years of experience. More than 60 people are employed at the clinic, and hired security takes care of the safety of patients and staff. The facility is also under video surveillance.
Comfortable rooms fully equipped for staying are available to patients. The rooms are cleaned twice a day. We also assist foreign patients in the process of obtaining visas, and their company may also stay at the clinic.
At our clinic, we only use medical Ibogaine HCL laboratory-tested in strictly controlled hospital conditions. Only an experienced doctor thoroughly familiar with Ibogaine can calculate the precise and safe dose needed for treatment.
Treatment with Ibogaine at our clinic is something that distinguishes us from others and is one of the most effective procedures in the field of treating addiction. This is testified to by hundreds of satisfied patients from all over the world who returned to their normal lives and their families after the treatment.
The latest from our blog
Signs of heroin addiction
20th Νοέμβριος, 2019Signs of heroin addiction have been known for over 100 years. Heroin is one of the strongest substances
20th Νοέμβριος, 2019Heroin withdrawal, just like addiction to this psychoactive substance, has been known since ancient times. This is testified